This is where employers will find an outstanding candidate.
Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, NY
Bachelor of Arts 2018
Concentrations: Writing, American History GPA- 3.6
Writing; research; editing; CMS (WordPress); basic Spanish; social media savvy (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest); SEO best practices; publicity and advertising; event coordination; audio transcription; critical thinking; creative writing; conflict resolution.
LendingTree; New York, NY 10/18-PRESENT
Assists executive editor and content team overseeing multiple affiliate websites; manages social media for two acquisitions, MagnifyMoney and Student Loan Hero; updates content database across all verticals; curates a weekly news roundup for Student Loan Hero; compiles bi-weekly MagnifyMoney newsletter; contributes to US News money vertical; performs general office management duties.
The Daily Beast; New York, NY 05/18-10/18
Managed newsroom administrative duties—coordinated freelancer compensation, tracked and improved employee vacation schedule system, organized day-to-day post schedule, researched and wrote cultural essays and breaking news hits, brainstormed and planned 10th-anniversary coverage.
ELLE Magazine; New York, NY 01/18-05/18
Researched story ideas, transcribed celebrity interviews, and assisted with office tasks. Revamped process for logging and covering forthcoming books, researched and compiled a directory of celebrity endorsements,
Sarah Lawrence College Office of Residence Life; Bronxville, NY 08/15- 05/18
Mediated conflict between residents; maintained open communication with supervisors; comfortability handles sensitive information; developed community on campus through event planning and department-wide initiatives; trained on institutional policy including Title IX, HIPAA, and FERPA; monitored, advised, and counseled residents.
Human Rights Watch; New York, NY 10/17-12/17
Tracked media hits for key reports and products in traditional, online, and social media sources; researched, expanded, and maintained lists of journalists reporting on human rights issues; researched and synthesized a list of “new media” outlets to help HRW reach a wider audience.
Hudson River Museum; Yonkers, NY 06/17-08/17
Researched possible corporate donors and local businesses for fundraising opportunities, wrote text and assisted with layout of marketing materials, assisted with special events, assisted with content and imagery for social media channels, helped with other development/marketing projects. Researched best practices and collected data from past museum comment cards to create a new survey for museum patrons collecting more comprehensive demographics and evaluated visitor satisfaction.
Sarah Lawrence College Office of College Events Bronxville, NY 09/15-05/18
Answered phone and took detailed messages; functioned as a point of contact for faculty, staff, students, and guests; made reservations for campus events; accommodated needs of campus guests; approved campus advertisements. Helped organize and execute administrative tasks for undergraduate and graduate commencement ceremonies.
Landmark Hospitality at The Boathouse at Mercer County Park; West Windsor, NJ 06/15-08/16
Provided excellent hospitality to patrons at events, waited tables, event setup and breakdown, catered to needs of any and all customers and colleagues.
On Campus Marketing; West Trenton, NJ 07/13-08/16
Customer Service/Data Entry
Made phone calls to customers providing assistance for issues with orders; entered orders into data processing software.
- Received Skyline Conference nomination for NCAA Woman of the Year (2018)
- Received Senior Leadership Award from SLC (2018)
- Received grant from Marilyn Katz Fund (2018)
- Participated in SLC’s Office of Community Partnership’s Community Leadership Internship Program (2017)
- Received Student Leadership Award from SLC (2017)
- Thrice nominated Women’s Softball captain (2015-18)
- Received Ethnic Minority Grant from NCAA (2017)
- Thrice Named to Arthur Ashe Sports Scholar Second Team by Diverse: Issues in Higher Education (2016-18)
- Thrice Named to Skyline Conference Academic Honor Roll (2016-18)
- Elected Vice-Chair of Undergraduate Student Senate for two consecutive terms (2015-17)
- Elected President of Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (2016-17)
- Received Dean’s Scholarship SLC
- Named to Skyline Conference All-Sportsmanship Team (2015)
- Received Women’s Softball Coaches Award (2015)
- Received The Hun School Headmaster’s Award exemplifying personal growth (2014)
Writing, history, entertainment, athletics, art, journalism, government, Constitutional law, comedy, music, event coordination, marketing.